Friday, November 19, 2010

Alton Brown's Deep Fried Turkey

Anyone who reads this blog already knows what a huge fan I am of Food Network's Alton Brown. Without questions, for me he's the absolute "Bill Nye The Science Guy" of foodie facts. (Okay, I agree, you had to at least have been born between the late '80s and very early '90s to even know who that is.) I also can't imagine any food lover not becoming a lover of molecules, neutrons, electrons, you-name-it, after listening to just one of Alton's thorough explanations of how things cook -- and why things basically are the way they are.

But in the 3 video clips below, for me Alton also gives you the most sensible and helpful pointers I've heard to date, on "deep frying" your Thanksgiving bird. (Totally minus the 4-alarm blazes, calls to 911, and screaming sirens from your local fire engine company, of course!)

Photobucket
Anyway, watch these clips...and have a SAFE and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



1 comment:

Lara said...

I've tasted Deep Fried Turkey. It is sooooo good!