Friday, September 25, 2009

Trouble "Brews" In The Pairing Of Wine and Cheese

Posted by PicasaPictured above: A recent beer-and-cheese pairing class at the
Slow Food association's Cheese 2009 festival in Bra, Italy.


The combination has long been a staple in Belgian cuisine, but in recent years, the pairing of beer and cheese has gained legitimacy even in wine-obsessed Italy -- where beer is hardly the default drink to accompany fine dining.

And here in New York, at gourmet beer spots such as the Beer Table, serving cheese with a $10 brew -- no longer raises an eyebrow. According to sources: "People are struck by how easily the two go together."

Read more about what the Wall Street Journal had to say about this new pairing here
(Hmmm... An actual "class" over in Italy on this? When I'm sure some of the good folks in my favorite watering hole in beautiful, downtown NYC, could probably have…oh, well, never mind.)

1 comment:

Lynn Sinclair said...

Although I don't drink much or often, beer is my drink of choice when I do. I've no doubt that it goes well with cheese!

Ha! Word verification is "cooks".