Friday, June 27, 2008

Goodness For the Cause

Photobucket
Imagine eating a brownie, or two, and feeling really good about it. (And okay, just for the record...maybe these aren't exactly the kind of "feel good" brownies you might remember from the 60s, 70s and 80s.)

In any case, the good people at Greyston Bakery have just introduced the Do-Goodie Brownie, a 100% all natural treat made with real Belgian chocolate and free range eggs.
All profits go to the Greyston Foundation, an integrated network of organizations that assist in providing jobs, childcare, health services and employment opportunities for those on the road to self-sufficiency.

By the way, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield the co-creators of Ben & Jerry's ice cream swear that these are the only brownies they ever eat. And with names like Chocolate Fudge, Walnut Fudge, and Brown Sugar Blondie, I think I can understand why.

They're priced at $2.49 per brownie and can be purchased in New York City Markets such as Balducci's, Food Emporium, and Gristedes. Or, you can find them
here.

I ate my first Chocolate Fudge Do-Goodie last night, and as promised, I'm feeling "guilt free" and good all over.

Really, I am.

6 comments:

michael whiteman said...

Those brownies are great. I got some Do-Goodies recently in an after-party goodie bag and gobbled them up.

elena said...

Thanks so much! I work at Greyston and can honestly say that 1) the Do-Goodie is, by far, the BEST brownie you will ever eat. Ever. 2)Greyston is an amazing organiztion and we are grateful for your support!

Enjoy!!

PathMaker said...

They're so good, we never get tired of our Do-Goodies. At The Greyston Foundation no staff gathering or visitor tour of our programs is complete without Do-Goodies. Take this as fair warning- once you have an Expresso Do-Goodie you'll never want a donut with your coffee again!

Cassey.S said...

I love all the brownies they tast great!

Lynn Sinclair said...

Gotta love these guilt-free treats!

Jazmin said...

Our Brownies are trully the BEST! I can't get enough of the Blondie, it is my absolute favorite! Whenever I have visitors, they always want to know if they are getting a free brownie ;-).
"We hear you have the best brownies", they usually say, and I have to agree.