Friday, September 14, 2007

Great Balls Of Fire

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Gordon Ramsay

1950s rocker, Jerry Lee Lewis, coined the phrase (and the song) first, probably after having the same encounter while standing just a little too close to his flaming piano.

In any event, Britain's Daily Mirror now reports that UK celebrity chef and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen star, Gordon Ramsay, has burned his right testicle while cooking "commando" near a hot oven. Ramsay had to be immediately rushed to the hospital following the incident.

"I was wearing cotton trousers and underneath I was going commando," Ramsay told the paper. "Then suddenly I felt this searing heat, and my balls were burning. I burnt my right bollock and I'm in absolute agony. You wouldn't believe how much this hurts."

By the way, just so you know, going Commando-style in the UK generally means: "Yes, I have no panties on."

Coincidentally, fellow celebrity chef Jamie Oliver suffered a similar incident while cooking a Valentine's Day meal for his wife in the nude in 2004.

However, the Scottish celebrity chef’s wife, Tara Ramsay, has revealed that her husband's claim that he burned his testicles while cooking in his kitchen was a lie. Speaking on ITV daytime television program, This Morning she said Ramsay just made up the story when asked about his recent visit to the hospital.

"We were at an awards that night and the moment we stepped out, he was questioned on it. You could see he was just brimming with excitement at the fact, "I know what I'm going to say, I burnt it," Tara said, adding that the TV star had gone to the hospital for a dull ache in one of his testicles. "You know Gordon," she continued, "It's a red rag to a bull, he gets really excited at the story he can make up."

Oo-kay.

Either way, this news is coming just a tad bit early for: Chestnuts roasting on an open....

Oh, well. I’m just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny, but did you read this story from the day before? :

Super Chef :
"Did Gordon Grill a Gonad?
"

Lynn Sinclair said...

Considering the fire he lights under the contestants on Hell's Kitchen, I'd say he had this one coming.