Friday, July 29, 2005

Reality Check



NBC's The Law Firm

As Michael Corleone once said, "Just when I thought I was out -- they pull me right back in." And yes, I feel I deserve full and due credit for not allowing myself to get hooked on several reality TV shows that have come down the pike since the season finale of this year's American Idol competition (you completely and totally rock, Bo Bice!). But now it seems a new reality series called, The Law Firm has lured me into its seductive clutches with its real lawyers, real judges, real case files...well, I'm sure you get the picture.

And as such, last night's episode was a real winner for me, which no doubt has me looking forward to see which one of these young legal eagles will be racking up enough case points (I'm really leaning toward Olivier to go all the way here, his apparent arrogance and all) to win the grand $250, 000 pay day. By the way, for such a big ticket reality production such as this, is it just me, or does this amount seem a bit low as a grand prize giveaway -- for a lawyer? In any event, The Law Firm is on Thursdays (check local listings) on NBC.

And certainly after a steam pit of a week such as what we had here in the Apple, this weekend will find me mostly indoors, getting lots of the usual writing necessities done in a nice, air-conditioned setting. Nothing but BTUs blowing all over the place, a cool drink or two, and maybe a nice Caesar or Waldorf salad with whatever gets thrown on the grill. Ah, summer!

Enjoy it now, because before you know it, you'll be back in your thick-soled Timberland boots and Christmas shopping again. Trust me, like death or a bad rash...it's coming. Have a great weekend, everybody. Peace.

No comments: