Friday, April 29, 2005

The Happy Cooker

Published by BBC books and not so readily available here in the US, I was finally able to order and receive a copy of Ainsley Harriot's All New Meals In Minutes cookbook. The warm, funny, and wonderful host of the UK's Ready, Set, Cook who also had his own cooking show here in the US for a short time back in 2000, Harriot has put together 80 tasty and time-saving recipes that I can't wait to try, including the Thai Mussels in Curry Broth that I've been hearing about from several people I know who have prepared it – in under thirty minutes. Needless to say, I'm happy to have this one on the cookbook shelf in my kitchen, and will be putting it to use very soon.

This weekend will be one that takes me off the "workshop" circuit for a wee bit, and places me at home in front of my computer to continue the much-needed work on the third draft of my current novel, and a few other things I've been avoiding like the plague. Clearly, as the saying goes: these things don't write themselves, folks. So it'll be a weekend of "backside planted firmly in chair" – and working to get it done.

Hope your weekend's a great one, whatever you'll be doing. Whatever it is, make it a good one. Peace.